NAWRS 2015 Was a Rousing Success!
Thanks to our 200 attendees, incredible presenters, dedicated sponsors, and a team of tireless volunteers, NAWRS 2015 in Atlanta, GA was an unparalleled success. We were able to explore the theme of Strengthening the Safety Net: Challenges and New Perspectives in Promoting Employment and Income Stability through:
- A keynote by Nisha Patel, Director of the Office of Family Assistance, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Four additional plenaries on:
- Developing Partnerships Between WIOA and TANF: Opportunities and Challenges
- Integrating Evidence into Program Management and Continuous Improvement
- Policies and Programs to Promote Responsible Fatherhood
- The Safety Net Today: How Well is it Working? Where Do We Go From Here?
- Nine concurrent breakout sessions on topics like:
- Improving Child Support Outcomes for the Whole Family
- The Promise of Two-Generation Strategies
- Food Insecurity in the U.S.
- Targeted Education and Training
- Insights from Executive Function and Early Brain Development for Improving Human Services Delivery
- Using Behavioral Economics to Engage Participants
- Benefits and Challenges of Permanent Supportive Housing
- Welfare to Work Transitions
- Improving Work Support Program Delivery for Low Income Families Through Business Process Improvements
- Boosting the EITC
- Before and After SNAP
- Making Child Care Assistance Relevant for Low-Income Workers
- Early Insights from ACF-Funded Career Pathways Research Studies
- Connecting the Dots: Linking Across Data and Programs to Get an In-Depth Picture of How Families Utilize the Safety Net
- Reconsidering Low-income Men
- Helping Disconnected Teens Get Connected to a Career Path: Innovative Approaches
- Three Research Academy sessions on:
- Using Administrative Data to Support Program Evaluation
- Using RCTs to Identify What Works at the State and Local Level
- Getting Inside the Black Box
Besides all of this, NAWRS attendees had the opportunity to network and make important connections to benefit their agencies and organizations.
Thank you to our official sponsors:
And our exhibitors:
Want to be more involved? If you are interested in volunteering with NAWRS, contact us at NAWRSWorkshop@gmail.com. You can also contact us with any questions or if you have resources you want to share with the NAWRS community. See you next year!